Friday, June 26, 2015

Five Year Goals

This is the last Friday of the month, which makes it time to review my goals as part of the Five Year Project hosted by Misha Gericke. Thanks Misha for putting this on each month.

My five year goal is to have a world-class publishing company. I figure dream big or go home, right? So how’s it going? Really, really well. I’ve finally gotten the grove back with my writing. After 2084 it took me a few months to get back into the habit of writing every day. Life got crazy, I guess. But now I’m back to writing 1,500-2,000 words a day, and I’ve been researching/prepping for my next novel, Pathfinder, which I’ll be posting more about next week. I hate to say I have a plan, because you know how that goes, but right now my plan is to publish the following books: Bloodbrothers this September, Pathfinder early next year, and then Letters from War, which should be my final book. After that I plan to focus solely on the works of others, which is actually right on track. I don’t want to offer to publish someone else until I have something to offer; I figure after nine books of my own, I should be just about there.

How about you? Any long-term goals you want to shout-out?

6 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to catch up on my goals for this year. Not looking long term at the moment. Sounds like you have a good plan.
    Susan Says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Long term goal(s)? Get going on my next quilt; save money to visit my grandson in Switzerland; the list is vague...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good when we're making progress on our goals, and it sounds like you're well on track. You also seem to have a solid plan to succeed. Best of luck with July!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three books in the hopper - that's impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's why I'm thrilled to be helping Freedom Fox Press!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's good to have a plan, even if you have to constantly adapt to circumstances. Plans are like maps to life. :-)

    ReplyDelete