Monday, June 13, 2016

Party Recap

I know I promised you a bunch of pictures, but it turns out when you're cooking for a hundred and fifty people, you tend to forget your camera. Seriously, I didn't get one picture of my daughter's graduation party, not one. And I didn't even think of that until this morning as I sat down to write this post. In a way I'm glad. It shows I was really there in the moment, enjoying the day. And we did enjoy it. There we were, surrounded by one hundred and fifty of our closest friends. The weather was great, despite the earlier warning of tornados. I'm not kidding. I know for some of you that doesn't sound that spectacular, but I live in New York, we've had maybe one tornado in the last twenty years. Picture it: I'm cooking all this food, listening to the weather forecast and they lay that bomb on me. If you're picturing me on the floor you'd be about right. But there wasn't a tornado, not even a drop of rain. The sun was out, the food got cooked, (all but that one pork shoulder, but it turned out it didn't matter, we had more than enough), and the syrupy sweet tea got consumed--all five gallons of it--I think mainly by my six-year old son who spent the day running between the trampoline and the pool. Have you ever had a day like that before--where you felt God in every moment? Well, that's what Saturday was for me. It was wonderful.
For those of you who weren't able to make it, I have more than enough potato salad/pulled pork/pie for a second party. If you're in the Western New York area, stop by and pull up a chair. I might even be able to scrape up some more sweet tea.

3 comments:

  1. Glad it was a big success with great weather and food for all. You'll always have those memories in your mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moments like yours will always be a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of people in attendance. I'm sure someone got some pictures.

    ReplyDelete