Friday, October 27, 2017

Five Year Goal Review: October 2017


Last Friday of the Month

Welcome. Some time ago I signed up to be part of the brainchild of Misha Gericke: the Five Year Project. She created it with the idea that if you have goal and work towards it, visiting it each month, having that accountability, that that goal might just become a reality; given enough time. Five years-worth of time. I’m all for goals, so I signed up a little over two years ago. Initially, my goal was to have the novel I was working on at the time, The Newstead Project, become a bestseller. And while that goal is still on my list, it didn’t feel big enough, broad enough. Crazy, right? Like having a bestseller isn’t enough. But for me it wasn’t. I’ve been to bookstores. I’ve seen Amazon. There are many more than many books out there that have been bestsellers. And saying bestseller signifies money. It’s never been about money for me. I’m a pretty content person. I don’t need any more than I already have. What it has been about is influence. In so many ways this culture breaks my heart on a daily basis. A little background on why I say that. I’m a psychiatric nurse, meaning I work with people who have just tried to kill themselves. And if that wasn’t heart-wrenching enough, I also do ultrasounds at a clinic for people thinking about abortion, trying to show them there’s a better way. In both cases I weep with them. I love them. I want so much more for them than what they’ve been given. They, each of them, are the heartbeat behind my characters, my stories. Their cries are my cries. I want for them what they want; rich, full lives full of love and hope. And while I believe I’m making a difference on a small scale with what I do day-to-day, I know there are people out there I’ll never meet who are just as broken as those girls who come into the clinic, as that kid who just slashed his wrist. I want to love them, too. And so Black and White was born. It’s a publishing company created by my husband and myself. It started as such a small thing, and in a lot of ways it’s still small. It’s nowhere near the world-class publishing company that has become my new five year goal. At this point it’s just a seed, a dream. A goal. Over the past year or so others have joined us in this dream. We now have seven authors (including myself), three illustrators, and a composer. We have sole rights to produce patent-pending Ubooks :
 
 
We’ve won awards for two of our publications: Jellyfish Jones, which one Children’s Book of the Year from Author’s Circle.

 

And The Newstead Project, Novel of Excellence, Paranormal, also from Author’s Circle.
 
 

Just seeds. Just a dream. Just the sort of thing that changes the world.


 

 
 
Want to join us? You can. Right now we’re accepting submissions for short stories of all genres for Ubook publication. Also, beginning on Halloween we’re opening for submissions for Sisters Grimm—a fairytale anthology to be released Halloween 2018. I’m really excited about this one. Jessica Gadra is illustrating each story, which will be amazing. You definitely want to get in on this one. Trust me. Find out more here.
 
 

 
 
 Or support us by reading our stories. All of them are free. Find them here. And if you love them, share them. Your help is appreciated more than you know.
 
Until next time--
 
 

1 comment:

  1. i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346




    i am ERIC BRUNT by name. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I have been rejected by my wife after three(3) years of marriage just because another Man had a spell on her and she left me and the kid to suffer. one day when i was reading through the web, i saw a post on how this spell caster on this address AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com have help a woman to get back her husband and i gave him a reply to his address and he told me that a man had a spell on my wife and he told me that he will help me and after 3 days that i will have my wife back. i believed him and today i am glad to let you all know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back. because i am now happy with my wife. Thanks for helping me Dr Akhere contact him on email: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com
    or
    call/whatsapp:+2349057261346

    ReplyDelete